Seeking Canadian Employment
If you are issued a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa, you will have a legal right to live, work and study long-term in Canada.
Other ways of coming to Canada to work include applying for and obtaining a work permit which may be facilitated by an employer through LMIA, an open work permit application, or a post-graduation work permit for students who have completed their education in a Canadian postsecondary institution
Some methods that many people use to look for jobs in Canada include:
- using online job search engines (Canada's Job Bank is an excellent resource)
- checking Canadian job openings posted on news websites for various cities in Canada
- applying for a job in Canada on a company’s website
- sending a resume/CV to a business via email
- utilizing LinkedIn or other social media to network for jobs in Canada
- networking with family, friends or others who may know of a Canadian job opening
- getting help from Canadian government employment agencies
- receiving assistance from private organizations that help people find jobs in Canada, Like Think Canada
Your occupation, English and/or French language skills and other important factors are taken into consideration by our Immigration Consultants when they evaluate your eligibility to apply for a work permit in Canada
To find out if you are eligible to work in Canada permanently, fill out a free online assessment form.